Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Preventing paint from freezing in garage

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 13:18:55 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi,
I'm finishing my basement and will have to permanently move my collection of paint, joint compound etc, from (the climate controlled) basement storage into the unheated stand-alone garage. To give an idea of amount, it's currently stored on a very full 3ft wide x 5ft tall bookshelf in the basement. I'll certainly get rid of the junk, but most is useful.

What do folks typically do to keep their paint and equipment from freezing in an unheated garage... without risking starting a fire?

Thanks
Theodore

Move to an arid desert climate?

I hear paint has a _shelf life_, where it is no longer "good". Have a
5 gallon unopened bucket 9 years old and I'd hate to throw it out for
the time being. It must be good for something.