Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Embarrassing government stuff.

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 20/12/2015 17:14, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
In article ,
RJH wrote:
On 20/12/2015 08:44, charles wrote:
In article ,
RJH wrote:
On 19/12/2015 21:29, bert wrote:
In article , RJH
writes
If you understood what the bedroom tax is
.. you wouldn't call it a tax.

Well, it is a tax on people's homes.

No - it's limit on the amount of Benefit they receive.

. . . based on the size of their home.

No. Based on the number of bedrooms and those living in the house.

You conveniently miss out the age aspect of those living in the
property.

I've not 'conveniently' missed out anything.

If you wish to give chapter and verse on what was remarkably punitive
legislation, feel free.

My apologies, I was harsh. It gets my goat that because older people
are more likely to vote, it's the younger people who get hit by these
miscellaneous measures who just happen to be under 61.

Its actually the reverse in this case. Those hardest hit are those whose
kids have moved out and who now have unoccupied bedrooms.

Precisely, except those who just happen to be over 60.

Its actually over Pension Credit age.

Which are the most likely age group with spare bedrooms.

The kids leave home MUCH earlier than that.