Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Embarrassing government stuff.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Big Les Wade wrote:
Offensive as Rod's posting style may be, he is quite right. The survey
being cited relies entirely on what the interviewees told the
interviewers, and so is worth very little. Obviously the victim of a
benefits cutback is more likely to say he has had to cut back on food
than on cigarettes, beer and Sky.

You seem to be drawing conclusions from an absence of evidence that
meets your standards and a far from clear understanding of context.

He hasn't drawn any conclusions at all, simply pointed out that the
cited research is not convincing.

Moreover (as I believe Rod also points out in his various rants), it is
not necessarily a bad thing that people cut back on some of their food
expenditure. We would have to know exactly what it was they were
cutting. If it's takeaway pizzas and doner kebabs, it's probably a good
thing.

Congratulations. You've managed about every Mail key word used when
talking about benefits.

What he said is true anyway.