Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default wood flooring from Lowes

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:32:23 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

The flooring I am asking about is the kind that floats and not nailed or
glued down. It just sort of snaps together. While I guess that it would be
possiable to start at the edge and remove a lot of flooring which may take
all day or more for one person, there must be a simple way to remove one
board and replacce it with another. I see how getting out one board may not
be much of a problem, but getting another board in would be.

There is no patern to match. This floor just looks like a hard wood floor
with a random patern. When looking at over $ 1000 a replacement is not
really an option for me if only one or two boards get messed up.

Getting the old one out may not be much of a problem, but getting a new
piece in is the question. From what I am reading, I guess that I would need
to cut out some of the edges which sort of equates to the tounge and grouve
in the real hard wood flooring and then glue in the new piece.

You could always consider putting an area rug over the "eye-sore" G