Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT Embarrassing government stuff.

In article , Huge
On 2015-12-20, charles wrote:
In article , Adrian
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:01:58 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If you wish to give chapter and verse on what was remarkably
punitive legislation, feel free.

"remarkably punitive"?

EVERYBODY else has to pay more to live in a larger property, whether
they be in private-sector rented housing or owner-occupiers or just
funding the cost of their social housing themselves.

Why should those people who get the taxpayer to cover the cost of
their social housing be any different? If social housing didn't have
such security of tenancy, it'd be easier to get people to move into
more appropriate accommodation, freeing larger properties for those
who are overcrowded or are more in need of the limited amount of
social housing.

One of the problems with this train of thought is that there isn't
enough property in the "smaller" category available. Developers prefer
to build larger properties.

So why the breast-beating in the press (and here) about how small the
average UK property is? Make your ****ing mind up.

I made my mind up years ago. and - I've never seen a press report to that
effect. In any case, was writing about number of rooms, not how big the
rooms were.

--
Please note new email address: