Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Embarrassing government stuff.

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:01:58 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If you wish to give chapter and verse on what was remarkably punitive
legislation, feel free.

"remarkably punitive"?

EVERYBODY else has to pay more to live in a larger property, whether
they be in private-sector rented housing or owner-occupiers or just
funding the cost of their social housing themselves.

Why should those people who get the taxpayer to cover the cost of their
social housing be any different? If social housing didn't have such
security of tenancy, it'd be easier to get people to move into more
appropriate accommodation, freeing larger properties for those who are
overcrowded or are more in need of the limited amount of social housing.

Which would be absolutely fine if there were alternative suitable
accommodation.

--
*I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.