Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Dusk to Dawn Photocell LED Bulbs--Anyone see them for sale anywhere?

Don Wiss wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 16:56:32 -0800, sms wrote:

I put up a plain porcelain socket, and stuck in a Philips dusk to dawn
CFL bulb
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-60W-Equivalent-Soft-White-Spiral-Dusk-Till-Dawn-CFL-Light-Bulb-E-405852/100671110.

It works, but I'd really prefer an LED version

What is wrong with the CFL, may I ask? Is it a matter of looks? According
to the link it will last longer than an LED. LEDs claim 25 years, but that
is based on three hours of use per day. A dusk-to-dawn light will average
12 per day, so an LED will only last 6.25 years. And will be getting dimmer
as the years progress. That CFL one claims seven years.

The cfl says 3 hours per day. How? 2 years 12 hours per day. I used to have
an outside one on for 24/7 got about a year an a half. That thing got hot
in the sun.

Greg