Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Advertised prices or not?

"KenK" wrote in message
I often see full- or half=page ads for products, which once in a while look
interesting. But most such half-or full-page newspaper or magazine ads
have
no price, not even a hint. My feeling is, if there's no price I probably
can't or don't want to afford it. Not worth going to web sites, make phone
calls, etc. How about you?

Many times they want you to call the 800 number to get a price. They
think that if you do call , you will buy from them. Often the ads are
placed by the campany that makes the item, but does not sell to the public,
so the dealer prices can vary all over the place.

If I see an ad I look at it and if it seems to meet the need or desire, I
google it and find the prices. Then decide if it is worth the money.