Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default wood flooring from Lowes

"Oren" wrote in message
Just for the record, AFAIK, Pergo is a laminate material where they
essentially
print an image of wood on a plastic surface. Tt's not real wood, nor does
it
have a wood top layer, like engineer wood products do. Not saying I
wouldn't
use it, depending on the application, but it is what it is.

... something else to consider are pets. Dogs can really scratch up
less expensive flooring.

There are no pets, just my wife and I , both around 65 and 70.

What I think I would really like to have is some that does have a small
layer of real wood on top. Really would like to have some that I have heard
of years ago that was thick enough it could be refinished one time if there
were no deep scratches in it, but the people at Lowes did not know anything
about this kind of flooring.

This flooring is going in the room with the TV and most used room of the
house.

About 5 years ago we had some laminate that was the printed on stuff
installed in a dining room and hall and it seems to be holding up ok for the
usage it gets. I looked at a piece of it and it seems to be a layer about
paper thick on top.

How hard would it be to take out and replace a piece or two after it had
been installed if it gets a bad sctatch or something ? They left about half
a box of the stuff that was installed in the hall. I don't need to now, but
just wondering.