Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default wood flooring from Lowes

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 10:26:58 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 1:03:18 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
After the first of the year we are thinking about having some of the Pergo
Max from Lowes installed in a living room that is about 280 sqft.

Anything good or bad about this brand or other recommendations around the
same price of about $ 2.50 per sq.ft..

This is in a small town so not a lot of choices in the flooring to choose
from. I did have some flooringinstalled a few years back by a local
flooring company and was ot very impressed with the installers.

On the same thing, what would be a good mat or material to put over the
flooring for a computer chair with rollers for wheels. I think after a
short while the wheels would cut through the wood.

Just for the record, AFAIK, Pergo is a laminate material where they essentially
print an image of wood on a plastic surface. Tt's not real wood, nor does it
have a wood top layer, like engineer wood products do. Not saying I wouldn't
use it, depending on the application, but it is what it is.

.... something else to consider are pets. Dogs can really scratch up
less expensive flooring.