Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default People's Court today, Friday, 12/18

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 10:37:12 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/19/2015 9:55 AM, Micky wrote:
A case on the people's court TV show was interesting.

But he wanted it changed from natural gas to propane, and apparently
there is only one company in 5 states that concentrated on stuff like
this. (I thought she said 5 states but her webpage only says she
does business in 3 states. I guess both could be true, if there's no
one to do this in the other two states!)

He lives two hours from her shop. She tells him on the phone that
it's $80 / hour travel time (for two people) x 4 hours = 320 dollars
right off the bat, and $90 minimum when she's there, but for some
reason he has doubts AFTER she gets there.

Hey, I'm from 1945 and yes, some think I'm an antique.
So, what was the outcome? Seems like they should be able to get the

She won. She brought all three of her employees to "court", even
though only one was there. That compares to a lot of bosses who don't
bring any employees, even the one who was the only one to talk to the
customer. (Then there are all those people who don't have pictures
or texts because, they say, they lost or broke the phone, or just got
a new one. Apparently they just make that excuse up or no one thinks
to transfer photos and texts from one phone to the next.)

money as they did the work. Customer sounds like an asshole though, bad
case of buyer's remorse. Could have bought a new stove for that money.

Sounds a bit high though. Travel time and one hour is $410m so, WTF did
they do for the other $390?

Good question. Most cases take 20 minutes minus maybe 4 minutes for
advertising, to show, but they're longer than that before editing.

In their renovation, I think a lot of what they do is clean. Maybe
they cleaned?

They also paint, but I'm sure they didn't paint. ;-)

This page has pictures of a bunch of the stoves they did. Skip past
the moving part at the top. There was a better page with more stoves
but I can't find it again.
http://www.belgroveappliance.com/testimonials.php

The web page also cites www.stovelist.com an unrelated page that has
parts for stoves and whole stoves.