Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting Dexter Torflex axle

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:04:02 -0600, "Terry Coombs"

I have a pair of 3500# Dexter Torflex axles. They are too narrow for
the trailer frame I would like to mount them under. Has anyone
successfully cut and lengthened the tube. I don't know how far the
rubber extends into the axle tube.

https://www.storesonlinepro.com/stor...page/249824203 I did
an image search for "Dexter Torflex Axle" and that was one result .
Looks like if you cut it right in the center you can widen it .

I'd certainly check with Dexter before cutting one. It sounds to me
that the rubber is -suspending- the regular torsion bars.

Looks that way to me too , Larry . But if the picture is accurate the rubber
doesn't go all the way to the center . Cut it , insert some close-fitting
tube and weld it back together - taking care to keep the rubber area cooled
..

--
Snag