Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Whats best for marking tiles for cutting

Argh, a Job I hated. In the end I used a very sharp pointy thing as this
seemed to make less mess at the edges when cutting them. Horrible to see
though, I was losing my sight at the time!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
On 18/12/2015 22:39, ss wrote:
When doing this previously I would mark out the tile for cutting using
whatever was at hand but mostly the line for cutting would wash off when
using a wet tile cutter.
What is best way to mark (a line) and with what? so it doesnt wash off
easily.

Permanent Marker. You can buy them in WHS - Staedler or Sharpie with
sharp points. Permanent is a slight misnomer - the ink can be removed
using an alcohol based solvent - Meths or if you don't have any, Gin or
Vodka :-)

Malcolm