Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is this normal?)

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 07:45:23 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/18/2015 04:32 AM, Micky wrote:
Our oven didnt' have a pilot, and that was lit with a match. Somehow
the flame was sucked off the match to the burner, and the match wasn't
burning anymore. Spooky.

I usually have a few sticks of incense and I'll light one and use that

My mother didn't use incense. What do you think she was, a hippie? A
hippie born in 1908 and it's then 1955!

She used matches for cigarettes too, until she stopped smoking about
1957.

to light the oven. You can get the stick down through the hole easier
than a match. With the match if the gas is slow getting up through the
hole you can get a pretty good whoosh. Knocks the carbon off the oven
racks

We only got a little whoosh.

See my soon to be posted thread about antique ovens. Well, I'm
sleepy. Maybe tomorrow.