Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is this normal?)

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 05:50:59 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

I have a cooktop that uses the always own very small
pilot lights. I think all the old gas ranges were like that.
There is no safety device built into them. There would be a
possibility that the house fills with enough gas or propane
to cause an explosion if the homeowner was gone for a long
time.
Did they do anything to check for leaks during the inspection?

They did that when I first connected this system up.

They also did it when they insisted my (working) regulator had to be
replaced because it was an old model. I bitched about that, because they
said it would cost me over $100. They finally just changed it at no cost
to me, then pressure tested the system. (This is one advantage to
getting gas from the same supplier).