Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is this normal?)

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 07:39:23 -0700, rbowman wrote:

I only have the pilot on the top burners and not the oven. Sometimes in
the summer when the windows are open it will blow out. If I'm not using
the stove it can take a day or two before there's enough concentration
to smell, let alone be a problem.

I turn the furnace pilot off in the summer. On warm days the pilot can
heat the furnace up enough that it triggers the fan sensor. No harm
except the fan sounds like a 727 taking off.

Ive had that happen many times. In fact, even if the pilot is off, my
furnace blower may start running because its so hot in the house. I dont
use AC. The solution is to just shut off the entire furnace. No gas, no
electricity. I rigged up a furnace blower in a window. That sucks the
hot air out of the house a lot faster than plain old window fans, and
dont cost a fortune to run, like an AC does.