Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whole House Humidifier - Disconnected Water Line?

On 12/18/2015 8:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:
You can also throttle it back if you want to, by partially closing the
valve. AA tells you not to, but I've tried it and haven't seen any difference. It's also not just the water, but the fact that it's heated
water going down the drain. Still, I agree it doesn't amount to much.
I'd rather have a reliable, trouble-free design that uses some water,
than one that has to be cleaned more often, can grow mold, etc.

One heating company, we had to wash hands after
servicing the "minerals check in but not check
out" type of furnace humidifier. I'd like to have
cleaned em all out with bleach, but we didn't
stock bleach on the trucks.

--
..
Christopher A. Young