Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Long distance furniture move advice, please

On 12/18/15 1:18 PM, Nil wrote:
On 18 Dec 2015, (Scott Lurndal) wrote in
alt.home.repair:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Less_t...kload_shipping

Ah, so there's an actual name for the type of shipment I was thinking
of, "LTL shipping"! That gives me a handle on what to look for. The
article points out that the item will change hands and be moved many
times along the way, which means it needs to be packed very well to
avoid damage.

One of the better known LTL truckers is Con-Way. They just became part
of XPO Logistics. You can get an on-line spot quote he

http://www.xpo.com/services/less-than-truckload-ltl

Don't be surprised if the total is about same as the U-Haul.
Especially if you need extra services such as Residential pickup, Lift
gate, etc. Also they will expect the piece to be crated, not loose
like a "Household Goods" carrier.