Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is this normal?)

On 12/18/2015 01:27 AM, Micky wrote:
I thougght one of the big problems was that if the tank is empty it
might mean there is a leak.

If the usage is abnormal, sure. If you just let it run out, no. I did
have one time when after they filled the tank the tank check valve
didn't seat. It was very cold and there might have been enough moisture
to ice it up. I could smell it and the tank was going down too fast.
They came out, refilled the tank, and screwed another valve onto the
filler fitting until they could sort it out in the spring.

With the ethanethiol they put into the gas you'd have to be nasally
challenged not to smell a leak.