Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is thisnormal?)

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 22:47:58 -0600, M. Stradbury
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:24:09 -0600, Paintedcow wrote:

If the tank does go empty, DONT TELL THEM THAT AT THE OFFICE.
The same guy always fills my tank, and he told me that if I dont tell
them, he's not going to report me, or charge me for an inspection.

What's the danger if the tank goes empty anyway?

I have a cooktop that uses the always own very small
pilot lights. I think all the old gas ranges were like that.
There is no safety device built into them. There would be a
possibility that the house fills with enough gas or propane
to cause an explosion if the homeowner was gone for a long
time.
Did they do anything to check for leaks during the inspection?