Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting plastering in a 1930s semi

In message , Peter Johnson
writes
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:46:53 -0800 (PST), Murmansk
wrote:

The suggestion about the picture rail having been removed is
interesting but my gut feeling it's not that. This is however the kind
of house that might have had a kind of plate display shelf in the hall
downstairs. I don't think it's the era for a picture rail.

My parents' 1930s semi had picture rails, and cavity walls.

Our Victorian farmhouse has a chair rail in one of the upstairs rooms.
Presumably once used as a lounge although my parents used it as a
bedroom.

--
Tim Lamb