Posted to alt.home.repair
M. Stradbury M. Stradbury is offline

Default Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is thisnormal?)

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 17:52:37 -0600, Paintedcow wrote:

If I did not OWN my tank, it would cost me over $100 a year to lease a
tank from them.

This outfit is called Amerigas.

They charge $60 per year to rent the tank, with the first year free.
Of course, if you rent their tank, you don't have to pay for 10-year
inspections of the regulators and the like, but you are limited to
only getting gas from them.

Since the tank came with the house, and since I pay property tax
on it every year, I can go to anyone I want.

But Amerigas seems to be the cheapest (Suburban and Kamps being two
of the others).