Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default hard to remove a bathtub spout?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 22:09:09 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| Assuming it won't unscrew, I can break away most of the spout, and
| then I can apply an electric jig saw, with the blade perpendicular???
| to the wall, parallel to the pipe??, just by holding it firmly?? with
| noting to rest the base plate of the saw on?? I can do that?

I've done it before. I had to do that recently with

Okay. If you've done it!

a tub drain, actually. It was brass, so it was easy
to cut. Once it's partly cut through (without cutting
the copper threads) it should turn.
But as long as you don't damage the pipe by twisting
you can also solder on a new end, if you need to.

Good point.

| Also if you could email me your email address, I have a question to
| ask about a previous thread that I can't find anymore. I'd appreciate
| it.

Just remove the NONONO?

Right. Sorry. I forgot that was in there.

misc07 at bigfoot dot com