Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is this normal?)

On 12/17/2015 03:55 PM, M. Stradbury wrote:
But, I also don't know what's normal.
Is this normal stuff?

The inspection fee might be because of the change of ownership. The
hazmat fee is one of those little gouges like the odd fees on a landline
phone bill.

A few years back I was on an autofill plan. A new driver tpped up the
tank, which took about 8 gallons. The hazmat and delivery fee exceeded
the price of the gas. I bitched, and they refunded the extra fees. About
a month later, the same thing occurred. That's when I dropped the
autofill. I keep an eye on the tank and when it's getting down I tell
them to fill it. The Amerigas office is on one of the routes I walk for
lunch so it's no big deal to stop by.