Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil[_3_] Nil[_3_] is offline

Default Long distance furniture move advice, please

I've never used a moving service before and I'm am unsure where to
start. I wonder if anyone can share the benefit of their experience?

I've inherited one piece of furniture, a fairly large secretary. It has
drawers on the bottom half, shelves with glass doors on the upper half,
and a desk that folds down. It's about 7' tall x 3' wide x 2' deep. I
don't know the weight. I want to have it transported from the Carson
City NV area to Boston MA. I'd like to do it as cheaply as possible and
there is no hurry to get it here.

Any suggestions or advice? Someone told me that some moving companies
will collect things for transport and save them until they have a full
load before they start the move. True?