Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whole House Humidifier - Disconnected Water Line?

Now my Aprilaire 560 has no moving parts but drips water over a honey
comb, ceramic coated aluminum pad to evaporate in the furnace air. Pad
is rinsed by excess water and would probably last a few years but I
change it every year. Water drains into my French drain which can
handle it and in the Summer condensate from AC goes into same drain.
Never a problem.

Te excess water that flows out carries some of the excess minerals with it....that is the key to pad longevity.

Without the excess wather flow, minerals can check in but they can't check out.

Mark