Posted to uk.d-i-y
Murmansk Murmansk is offline

Default Interesting plastering in a 1930s semi

The suggestion about the picture rail having been removed is interesting but my gut feeling it's not that. This is however the kind of house that might have had a kind of plate display shelf in the hall downstairs. I don't think it's the era for a picture rail.

Where there was a plate shelf downstairs it was clearly attached on top of the plaster rather than having been attached to the brick.

It's so neat I think it was done as a feature - it's quite clever I guess and it's been done really well rather than looking like it was the done after anything was removed.

Just for the record the house has cavity walls.