Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Looking for eeprom F25L32QA

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:03:33 PM UTC-5, Dimitrij Klingbeil wrote:
On 15.12.2015 21:04, John-Del wrote:
This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another.
Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write
to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any
ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

Hi

The datasheets look like this might be compatible with the M25P32 if
it's used in single-line I/O mode.

The M25P32 is more commonly available but it has only the standard SPI
interface. The F25L32 has an SPI interface too, but in addition it can
be switched to a two-line I/O mode as well. However if the device that
needs this chip only uses standard SPI and does not actually attempt
to switch it into two-line mode, a M25P32 could probably work as a
replacement.

Regards
Dimitrij

Thanks Dimitrij, but you're talking way over my head on eeproms! Actually, I understand *some* of that info, but not enough to pick a suitable substitute..

In any case, I ordered 10 of the correct part from Alibaba and I'll have them in two weeks. Fortunately, I have the .bin file that I grabbed out of another of the same model that I repaired earlier this year for a different problem as Funai won't sell the eeprom for this model, only the complete main board.