Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Water line insulation question

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 09:44:51 -0600, My 2 Cents wrote:

A person should not have to go through life waiting for hot water.
I finally bit the bullet a few years ago and crawled under the house
and ran a 1/2 inch CPVC line from the HWT to the kitchen sink/dishwaher
in almost a straight shot. It replaced the old old old original steel
pipe with Gawd only knows how many ells and 45's and almost clogged from
deposits through the years. It was one of those things I should have
done 15 years earlier. I'd considered putting a small electric tank
under the counter but the new line solved the problem.

I'm glad it worked so well.

My line to the kitchen sink is pretty straight. And the sink is about
20 feet from the WH, but if there's a wait, it doesn't bother me.
There are almost always things to do like getting other dishes to put
in the sink. (compared to the upstairs bathoom where I have nothing
to do but wait) AFA the dish washer goes, I don't know what
kind of water goes in that, except that when I was trying to find a
drain clog and putting the DW through the same cycle over and over,
the built-in heater eventually made the same water so hot that it bent
a plastic bowl!