Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do Termites eat TREATED wood?

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 5:50:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Branching off from the "Log Cabin" thread in which termites were
mentioned.

Where I live, termites do not exist (thankfully).

I have always wondered if Termites eat TREATED wood, or do they avoid
it?

If they do avoid it, it would make sense to build everything using
treated wood in places where there are termites.

If you mistreat the wood, it will rebel and allow the termites to eat it just to get back at you. Woody suicide is a real problem plaguing the country.. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wooden Monster