Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Conan Doyle Arthur Conan Doyle is offline

Default Refrigerators Samsung vs LG

"Ashton Crusher" wrote:

The ice maker makes enough ice for the two of us but when we
still had two kids at home it really struggled to keep up. It's ice
makers has about half the capacity of the Whirlpool? or Fridgedaire?
we had before. I think they made the ice maker smaller to make more
room in the freezer. The ice jams in the feed thing that turns about
once every week or two...

I have the opposite problem with a Frigidare Gallery. They shortened the arm on
wire bar that senses when the ice basket is full, resulting in the basket
filling higher than previous models. Suspect that was to increase the amount of
ice available. The only problem is that the ice level now fills above the access
door. When you open the door to turn off the production of ice, it all spills
out on the floor.

You wonder if the designers try to live with their designs.