Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default UPS Battery Replacement

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Are you sure that's the UPS that the OP owns? It might also be this
model:
http://www.kwaree.com/blog/2008/05/30/apc-back-ups-xs-1500/
I have two of them that run without problems. I also have about 5
customers that have them. Batteries have been lasting about 5 years
and no lightning bolts or smog problems.

No clue unless the OP chimes back.

In the post he said it was XS1500 on the front and BX1500 on the back, which
was how the ones I had were marked. Since the one you show is also an
XS1500, maybe the BX is something with year or series type. I do notice
though, some of the current ones are BX1500G, so maybe they are all like
that. No letter is maybe the first run?

It still doesn't change the fact those white ones were crap.

-bruce