Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Log cabin living????????

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/15/2015 9:48 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

That's the title of a show on GAC. Log cabins in Oregon seem to be
$400,000 and up.
Two, three, or more bedrooms. A bath, or two, or three.
The people in those just as well be on another planet than me.

Log "home" is more accurate than cabin. Most of us think of the little
cabin built in the woods but log homes have been very mainstream. They
just substitute logs for aluminum siding.

Today's well built log home is as good or better than stick framed
houses. Will easily last a century. But I'd say it needs some constant
upkeeps when logs start drying up/shrinking. One example is cupboards
in the log home kitchen is sort of hung on the wall so it can move
easily(like floating). When I had built my small cabin I seriously
considered a log home but after studying all aspects of it, I drop the
idea of building one. There is show on TV about building log homes.They
are warm in winter, cool in summer.