Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Store Christmas windows

On 12/15/2015 06:50 PM, Don Y wrote:
Thankfully, only once had (suspected) food poisoning -- from a "frozen
food" bought in bulk (I suspect somewhere along the line they let it
thaw and refreeze).

During my very educational career in trucking I delivered a load of dry
beans to a well known manufacturer of canned chili in Oregon. As they
were unloading the truck I got the sad story from the driver of the
truck in the bay next to mine. It was a reefer and he'd been hauling a
load of frozen chicken. The reefer had broken down and by the time it
was fixed the chickens well well on the way to being defrosted and the
original consignee refused the load. Making the best of a bad deal he
sold the load to the chili plant for pennies on the dollar.

Never did buy that brand again...