Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water line insulation question

If I had built my own home (something I had no interest in paying for,
but would have loved to have done myself) I suppose I would have
insulated the hot water pipes inside the walls.

Does anyone do that? I don't think it would help someone in my
shoes, but if the hot water is used ever hour or two, maybe it would.

My powder room hot water faucet is only 8 feet from my water heater,
so that's not a problem. And the cold water there goes near the
furnace, so in the winter, after two seconds of tepid, there are 4
seconds of hot, followed in a couple seconds by cold again.

I've read of people putting on demand heaters under sinks, right
next to the shower or whatever. I guess one holdup on that is
the power it takes to operate one.