Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Golden Rules of Troubleshooting

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message

I've stared at well written service manuals (these actually exist, but
tend to be old) that just made no sense until the next day, or after a
break. Not a fan of touching service manuals with diry hands either.

Where I worked we had a copy machine in the shop and I would usually copy
the important pages of the service manual to take with me. Usually had them
already copied in a book I kept so I could fine the important pages quick
and took a copy of that with me.

The electrical blue prints for much of the wiring and some equipment was on
a computer and we had a large plotter so could run off what we needed to
take with us.
Sometimes I would make notes on the copies and leave them in the electrical
cabinet, or just write inside the cabinet with a marking pen.