Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Flooding

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 07:13:45 -0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:04:43 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I see floods all over the news.

I told you it was a soggy little island.

Yes, and especially so just now, rain almost every day for 2 months. The
tail end of three hurricanes. I guess somewhere like America is getting blown to bits.

Why should sensible people like me who didn't buy a house
in a flood plain have to foot the bill for those that did?

Because that's the way it works.

That doesn't answer "why".

The government is paying millions to "victims" of flood.

They pay millions to those like you who were too stupid
to work out what qualifications would get you a job too.

Not getting a job is the government's fault,

Rubbish.

Divide the work by the people available, it's what you'd do if you were on say a large expedition and needed tents/latrines/etc built.

buying a house in the wrong place is entirely your own fault.

Huge areas have been flooded in recent years, not just the odd place.

Such floods do happen from time to time, eg in the 50s when part of the
east coast was flooded and a number of people died. This eventually led to
the building of the Thames barrier.

It's not rocket surgery to pick a place that's impossible to flood. You don't just buy something because it's never flooded before, you look at the surrounding land and water and think, "Could that end up on my house?"

Anyway, have they never heard of house insurance?

If you've been flooded before, flood insurance is very expensive, assuming
it is even available.

If you're in a house which has flooded before, you're a prize idiot. Intelligent people learn from their mistakes.

--
User has insufficient intelligence to complete this task, please insert a new user.