Posted to alt.home.repair
My 2 Cents My 2 Cents is offline

Default LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.

On 12/14/2015 9:55 PM, wrote:

When the electric company installed a smart meter my motion detector
light sensor stayed on all night. It's only about 4 feet above the
meter. I tried putting a can around the motion sensor but that didn't
work, then I cut the end out of a metal coffee can and put that over the
meter. That worked, the smart meter can still phone home. I have four
LED bulbs that run off the motion detector now. I've had incandescents,
and HFL but now LEDs it didn't matter they all turned on and off
automatically. The neighbor's dog sets the motion detector off but
that's OK they are just doing their job of keeping honest people honest.