Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Xpelair XRH Remote Humidistat stopped working

On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 10:42:24 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
My Xpelair XRH Remote Humidistat has just stopped working. Just outside the 12 months warranty of course.
The thing uses a nylon woven band to sense, and I guess some type of microswitch to activate. The thing is basically electro-mechanical.
I noticed it did not switch on when the shower was operated, then required turning up much higher to activate after a shower. It did however switch off after a while.
But definitely it has suddenly started playing up. I suppose there could be a spider in there, or maybe it does not like hairspray.
Anyone got one of these and had any problems ?
Any ideas?
Simon.

Well, I cleaned out inside - there was some dust and little bits of debris that must have got in during installation. It relies on a roller which maybe was not moving freely. It is now working OK, although strangely the set point has moved quite a bit - too much for just the atmospheric conditions.
Since its a mechanical device maybe something slipped !
Simon.