Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.

IGot2P wrote:
On 12/14/2015 9:55 PM, wrote:
I replaced incandescent flood bulbs on outdoor light/motion sensor
base and the LED bulbs stay on all the time, day & night. Is it a
technology problem? Do I need to put incandescent bulbs back in, or
replace the base?

I am actually glad to hear that someone else has the same problem. I
currently have a Philips non-dimmable LED in one of our eleven motion
sensor outdoor lights and although it does not come on during the day it
frequency does not go off at night once it is turned on by motion. I
just went out and flipped it on test and back to shut it off and then
walked by and of course it came back on but to my surprise it went off
after the programmed 5 or 6 minutes. Because it is not consistent I am
going to try exactly the same brand, model, and wattage of bulb (I have
a bunch of them) in a few others and see what I get from them...maybe I
just have one bad fixture.

Should try dimmable one too.