Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.

In writes:

I replaced incandescent flood bulbs on outdoor light/motion sensor base
and the LED bulbs stay on all the time, day & night. Is it a
technology problem? Do I need to put incandescent bulbs back in, or
replace the base?

Any chance you kciked the unit into "stay on" mode?

- many have this as an option.

I ran into this with a newly installed unit which stayed lit.

That circuit has a wall mounted switch and.. if you turned
it off then back on within a couple of seconds, the lamps
remained energized and lit regardless of motion, etc.

To get it back into "motion sensor mode" involved simply
turning the wall switch off for 30 or more seconds, then
back on.