Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:07:09 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:40:49 -0600, wrote:

I guess you miss the notion of liability. Go try to buy dynamite,
certain chemicals or electric parts that can only be sold to a
qualified person with a license. They would be silly to sell to the
average non-qualified, non-licensed person.

That's completely different.

No one needs a license to buy stuff from Grainger. You may need a
electricians license to install a blower motor in some locations, but
buying that motor is not going to cause an explosion like dynamite or do
other harmful stuff like the chemicals. Grainger also sells a lot of
tools and other stuff anyon can use.

Sure. My point was / is Grainger also sells items that are
"restricted" to a trades person. Can't be sold to John Doe Public.
Difference between a tool and an item JDP should not be allowed to buy
without proper credentials. (10 years ago ?)

Maybe it forces a homeowner, against their will, to go through a
licensed trades man. It seems to come from trades that want to gain
an advantage over JDP.

I'm not pushing back, just curious...

What does Grainger carry that is restricted for sale only to a trades person?