Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:40:49 -0600, wrote:

I guess you miss the notion of liability. Go try to buy dynamite,
certain chemicals or electric parts that can only be sold to a
qualified person with a license. They would be silly to sell to the
average non-qualified, non-licensed person.

That's completely different.

No one needs a license to buy stuff from Grainger. You may need a
electricians license to install a blower motor in some locations, but
buying that motor is not going to cause an explosion like dynamite or do
other harmful stuff like the chemicals. Grainger also sells a lot of
tools and other stuff anyon can use.

Sure. My point was / is Grainger also sells items that are
"restricted" to a trades person. Can't be sold to John Doe Public.
Difference between a tool and an item JDP should not be allowed to buy
without proper credentials. (10 years ago ?)

Maybe it forces a homeowner, against their will, to go through a
licensed trades man. It seems to come from trades that want to gain
an advantage over JDP.