Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Flooding

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Ranger wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Ranger wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Ranger wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote
Ranger wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote
The Todal wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
The Todal wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I see floods all over the news. Why should sensible
people
like me who didn't buy a house in a flood plain have to
foot the bill for those that did? The government is
paying millions to "victims" of flood.

Don't worry, you won't be asked to foot the bill. Now you
don't need to worry about spending all that money on
Christmas presents.

All taxpayers foot the bill, even though they don't get
flooded.

Ah, understood. Why should I help foot the bill for extra
police security in our cities when I was firmly opposed to
the Iraq war and to the proposal to bomb Syria?

Why should I foot the bill for primary education when I
don't
have children?

Because it's quite a bit cheaper to do that than to pay the
much
higher cost of dealing with the dregs of country that dont
bother
to send their kids to school when it isnt free and
compulsory.

Well there you go. That's essentially the same answer to the
question "Why should I help foot the bill for extra police
security in our cities when I was firmly opposed to the Iraq
war
and to the proposal to bomb Syria"

No that is a quite different question.

Because its cheaper than dealing with syria and the like by
recolonising them and teaching them how to play nice?

That isn't even possible let alone morally acceptable.

Morality costs money.

Not necessarily.

Usually does.

I dont buy that.

For example keeping people alive who are hardened criminals
instead of the death penalty.

That's not morality.

There's plenty examples if you think about it. All the stuff people
do because omitting it might upset someone.

That isn't really morality, more being polite.

There are plenty more serious examples where we have laws to stop you
doing things to upset folk.

Sure, but that isn't morality either.

Don't interrupt.

Go and **** yourself, again.

Reply properly you silly little troll.

Go and **** yourself, again.

Like having to have disabled ramps and parking spaces when none of
your employees are disabled.

But it's impossible to ensure that none of the customers
or visitors ever are, and it makes it harder for the disabled
to get employed there when the place has to consider the
substantial cost of the changes needed for them to get in.

There are not that many disabled folk about,

Yes.

it's stupid to have every place of employment equipped for them.

Every place of employment isn't.

Have to by law.

Wrong, as always.

Not bombing Syria or invading Iraq actually saves a lot of money.

Pussy footing about wastes money.

Ignoring countrys that can't manage even the most
basic rule of law doesnt waste any money at all.

If we ignore them, they could take over.

Assad can't even manage to rule the roost in his own pathetic
excuse for a country, let alone take over anyone else.

Best not to take chances. Kill them all.

Not even possible.

Why not?

No way to do that.

And would produce even more ISIS if the west was actually stupid enough
to try that.

They can't produce if they're all dead.

Not possible to kill all moslems world wide.

Yes, Saddam did invade Kuwait, and it made sense
to **** him over when he tried to do that. But it made
no sense what so ever to invade Iraq post 9/11 when
he was completely irrelevant to 9/11, at vast expense,
and produced ISIS is the process.

If we'd killed every last one,

Not even possible. Even Genghis Khan never managed that.

But we have lots of weapons

Nowhere near enough to do that.

and allies.

None of which would be stupid enough to try that.

there would be no ISIS.

Wrong, as always. Doing that would produce
more of them in the ones you couldnt kill.

Then make bloody sure you decimate the whole of their land.

Killing one in 10 of them would produce
a lot more ISIS than not doing that would.

The most completely stupid thing the west did apart from Vietnam.

I agree on Vietnam, what danger did they pose?

Iraq posed no danger either.

Syria in spades.

Religious morons, we don't want them on our planet.

Just how many of you are there between those ears ?

We need to stop it.

Not even possible.

Why is it not possible to stop morality?

Because some will always want to behave morally.

Some isn't a reason.

That is the reason its not possible to stop morality.

If it's a minority, we can ignore them.

They will still behave morally.

But not force the rest of us to.

They dont force anyone to do that now.

We dont even have compulsory attendance in church anymore.

You fools were actually stupid enough to try that at one time.

There's plenty other moral stuff we're forced to do, like not spank our
own kids.

We are free to spank ours.

Like those who think everyone should go to church.

That's not morality.

It is in their minds.

Nope.

Yip, religious nuts want everyone to be holy.

None of the ones I know do and
that includes a couple of ministers.

All we need is a decent government that ignores the dogooders.

That wouldnt stop moral behaviour.

It would stop it being a legal requirement.

Still wouldnt stop moral behaviour.

Plenty chose to not get divorced even when that was legal.

But we can now ignore the weird ones, and most of us can get on with a
divorce without a problem.

And plenty more aren't actually stupid enough
to bother with marriage in the first place.

Sensible people just get a certificate at a registry office.

Sensible people dont even bother with that anymore.

It helps legally when buying houses

Nope.

or getting bank accounts

Nope.

or something.

The only thing it does actually help with is ensures
that the other party gets the assets if you are actually
stupid enough to die without a will and a few other
details like that.

Doesnt come even close to being worth it to let
the state have any say what so ever on anything
at all and the rigmarole involved if you decide
it doesnt make any sense anymore etc.