Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message

On 12/14/2015 10:08 AM, MJC wrote:
In article ,
says...

"N_Cook" wrote in message

On practical joking, this was to wind-up my parents , when I was aged
about 10.
A syncronous mains driven/timed mantle clock . I was intrigued by this
little flipper/kicker thing that operated when you turned on the power.
If you disengaged it with a match, then half the time , when switching
back on, the clock would go backwards.

That reminds me of a clock we had when I was growing up. On the back was
small wheel and you had to spin it in the direction you wanted the clock
run when it was plugged in.

If only one could "turn the clock" back and recapture one's long-gone
youth that way...

Mike.

I wouldn't be 21 again on a bet.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Youth is wasted on the young.

Being young again with an old mind though .......

Gareth.

Gareth.