Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
.[_26_] .[_26_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On 12/14/2015 10:54 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

You guys just made me go out and look :-( 4 Falken tires from America's
Tire, fronts a year old, rears maybe 4 months. No dots, and the
placement of the tire on the wheel seemed to be random. I saw only one
small weight. That seems odd, unless they put them on the inside of the
wheel too.

Which is common.

Apparently the thinking now is to put new tires on the rear instead of
the front. This really seems WRONG.

"When replacing only two tires, the new ones go on the front.

The truth: Rear tires provide stability, and without stability, steering or
braking on a wet or even damp surface might cause a spin. If you have
new tires up front, they will easily disperse water while the half-worn
rears will go surfing: The water will literally lift the worn rear tires
off the road. If you're in a slight corner or on a crowned road, the car
will spin out so fast you won't be able to say, "Oh, fudge!"

There is no "even if" to this one. Whether you own a front-, rear- or
all-wheel-drive car, truck, or SUV, the tires with the most tread go
on the rear."
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...nked-10031440/