Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default OT Store Christmas windows

When I was a little kid, back in the late 30s and early 40s in Chicago, my
parents would take me downtown to the Loop shopping district and we'd look
at all the extra-carefully elaborately decorated fascinating store windows.
A high point in my Christmas season!

Now, in these days of shopping malls and the like, I wonder if any stores
in any cities still do this? And if they do, if families still go to see
them? There is nothing like this in my small city.