LASERandDVDfan

Default SONY DVD player No power. Seems common across many Sony DVD's

SONY DVP-CX860

If memory serves me the CX prefix before the numbers indicates that the player
is a carosel megachanger.

Ive done some digging, there is the 5 volt running throught things
and i have high frequency at the crystal next to the micro.
i can get the LED to go green for about 3 seconds if i press on the eject
button,
but the motors do not attempt to turn at all.
I looked real closly at the display in the dark and hit the eject button
and i see the filliments light up very silghtly for the 3 seconds.
Also saw some segments of the display trying to light up.

It could be in the power supply. Wish I could be of more help. Have you tried
a Google search to see if there has been a similar incidence of this problem
with other Sony DVD players and a possible resolution?

Good luck. - Reinhart