Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Karl, Leon, others: Advice for hanging cabinets wanted.

On 12/13/2015 5:24 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 4:25:59 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
.
Too rich for my blood. ;~) And you gotta know what you are doing.

Seriously, you have no idea how many "on site" sketches I have made over the last 35 years. I carry a notebook with me at all times so I can detail out all the details on my jobs as needed.

Flashing details on roofs, framing details on remodels, installation details for the million little parts and pieces that make up a job, and even sketches I have my clients sign that detail out measurements and position details.

I usually have a Sharpie, a framing pencil and a couple of pens with me. My guys make fun of me for "drawing them pictures" but the always fold them up and put them in their pocket. It certainly isn't unusual to go to one of my remodels and see a piece of quadrille paper tacked/taped to the wall that has something completely detailed out down to the measurements. I also sketch on walls, pieces of plywood, etc.

It sure does cut down on misunderstandings.

Robert

No doubt! I recall using sketches, on notebook paper. ;~)