Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ranger[_4_] Ranger[_4_] is offline

Default Flooding

On 14/12/15 00:40, Ranger wrote:

On 14/12/15 00:08, Ranger wrote:

Why is it not possible to stop morality?

Because some will always want to behave morally.

because 'behaving morally' is the perfect excuse for selfish behaviour
for some value of 'morality'

There is plenty of moral behaviour that isn't selfish at all,
like not stealing or engaging in any corrupt behaviour.

All we need is a decent government that ignores the dogooders.

That wouldnt stop moral behaviour.

There is no moral behaviour because morality in absolute terms is a
myth.

That's not accurate with not stealing or accepting bribes
or physically assaulting people you disagree with.

Morality is relative to a given culture.

Yes, but some things are accepted as moral behaviour
by almost everyone except criminals obviously.

In a diverse multicultural
environment it has no meaning at all.

That is radically overstated.

No, it is if anything understated, but then I am looking down the wrong
end of a long life.

I'm actually older than you.

Honour killing is extremely moral behaviour, for example. For certain
cultures.

Yes, but there are very few that believe that stealing
from others is moral. The Thuggees did, but they are
a microscopic exception on that.

Never heard of 'All property is theft' ?

Just another very silly saying. Entire societies dont operate like that.

I can assure you that nearly all cultures will consider stealing from
certain others entirely moral behaviour.

Only if you are silly enough to claim that taxation is stealing.

In fact large parts of morality consist in defining who those others shall
be. Radical Islam considers, for example, that infidels have no rights at
all,

That's a lie. And the Koran says nothing even remotely like that.

And there is no society that is entirely radical Islam either.

and can and should be treated anyway the devout want to.
It resembles Nazism in that respect.

Plenty of the radical Left want to steal from the 'Rich'

Taxation isn't stealing. We have different words for a reason.

although they
want it done by someone else on their behalf as 'taxation' - but that is
merely cowardice and lack of any fibre, moral or otherwise.

All theft is is such particular terms of ownership as a particular culture
encapsulates, being violated. If for example women cannot hold property,
then they cannot be the victims of theft.

They always have some property, even if it is just the clothes they wear
etc.

And if they are property themselves, there is no crime in rape, since they
are either property to be dealt with at the whim of their owners,

Its still rape if its done by other than their owners.

or without any ownership at all, wandering the streets and asking for it.
Rape becomes a moral duty.

Nowhere operates like that.

Its all relative to the culture.

Only at the edges.

Which is why we have no morality today at all,

Even sillier than you usually manage.

because relative to any given culture, anything goes.